Dispute Resolution & Litigation
We provide our clients with commercially-focused, practical solutions in the complex area of dispute resolution. Our dispute resolution and litigation team combines extensive technical and legal knowledge with a depth of experience across many areas.
Our aim is to assist our clients to avoid disputes wherever possible, but we realise that disputes are sometimes an inevitable part of doing business.
We have the expertise to provide advice in relation to anticipated legal issues and respond to all your interests in commercial disputes that you or your business may face including:
- Contract law
- Property law
- Franchising law and practice
- Construction law
- Corporations law
- Trade Practices Law
- Intellectual property law
- Leasing and renting of properties
- Public and administrative law
- Equity and trusts
- Wills and estates
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency
- Employment disputes and restraints of trade
- Shareholder disputes
- Personal Property Securities disputes
- Dispute Resolution Services for civil matters – including building disputes, debt recovery, employment law and bankruptcy proceedings
- Disputes resolution and litigation
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Intellectual property
- Construction disputes
- Property disputes
Our litigation team also provides advice and representation in respect of:
- Contentious Probates
- Claims under the Inheritance (Family and Dependants Provisions) Act
- Restraining orders
We provide our clients with a clear assessment of their position and realistically identify the prospects of success. We aim to manage and minimise risk and uncertainty for our clients.
We work with our clients to consistently achieve commercial and cost effective solutions, usually through mediation and negotiation and where necessary through the court system.
We provide our clients with representation at all levels of court including all Western Australian courts, Federal courts and the High Court. In our experience, the majority of matters we deal with settle, either before court proceedings are commenced or soon after.
While the services we provide cover most areas of dispute, we also maintain a strong network with many experienced barristers who provide representation in specialised areas when required.
Property and Construction Litigation
We represent a number of builders and suppliers in all aspects of their businesses.
The advice provided ranges from initial advice on structuring of an investment, contractual matters with suppliers and purchasers and when necessary representation in court and tribunals in relation to matters related to the building process.
- structuring an investment;
- contractual matters with suppliers and contractors;
- contractual matters with purchasers; and
- advice on the Construction Contracts Act.
Where necessary we commence proceedings in the appropriate court or tribunal to resolve matters relating to the building process.