Property Lawyers Perth
Cullen Macleod’s team of property lawyers have extensive experience across a wide range of property matters. Cullen Macleod provides a unique premium conveyancing service for both commercial and residential sales and purchases.
With the support of our property and litigation lawyers we provide a total service to those clients looking to buy or sell a property.
For more information, visit our Conveyancing & Settlements page
Our broad range of expertise in the field allows us to offer an informed, practical and comprehensive service tailored to our client’s particular needs to deliver sensible solutions.
We can assist you if you are:
- buying or selling property;
- developing property; or
- entering into a lease (either as a landlord or a tenant).
Cullen Macleod’s property team can assist you with:
- Leasing, including the preparation and negotiation of retail, commercial and industrial leases and assignments, extensions and variations of leases;
- Advice in respect of your rights and obligations under a lease;
- Due diligence enquiries when purchasing property;
- Preparation of offers and acceptances for the purchase and sale of property, including offers and acceptances for strata properties and “off the plan” sales;
- Preparation of joint venture agreements for property development;
- Preparation of option agreements;
- Co-ownership agreements;
- Advice in relation to subdivisions, including the preparation of easements and restrictive covenants;
- Advice in relation to rights of way and other easements;
- Mortgages, caveats and withdrawal of caveats;
- Foreign Investment Review Board applications;
- Advice in relation to strata company requirements;
- Preparation of strata company by-laws;
- Transfer duty enquiries;
- Advice regarding Landgate practice; and
- Settlement services, including electronic conveyancing.
One of Cullen Macleod particularly strong areas of expertise, our solicitors have extensive experience in the field of commercial leasing and are able to provide informed and practical assistance tailored to your particular needs.
Our solicitor’s ability to offer comprehensive and common-sense advice in a time effective manner provides our clients with a high quality of service.
Cullen Macleod solicitors can provide quality service to lessors, lessees and agents in regard to office, industrial or retail premises including:
- a proven track record of working effectively with owners and their agents/property managers to provide informed and common-sense legal advice about leased premises and their management.
- lease negotiations;
- preparing leases and related documents such as extensions, variations, amendments, terminations and assignments;
- advice on the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act, Property Law Act, Transfer of Land Act and other relevant legislation
- advising on disputes between tenants and owners;
- reviewing and advising on “offers to lease” and draft leases;
- advising on a variety property and associated matters that can affect leases such as caveats and liquor licensing.
Subdivisions & Property Developments
Cullen Macleod can provide vital legal advice to help you with the wide range of legal issues that arise with sub-divisions and property development.
From preparing documents and arranging lodgements and registrations with Landgate and the Office of State Revenue, to advising on the impact of the Property Law Act, Transfer of Land Act and other relevant legislation – Cullen Macleod can provide comprehensive support for your project.
Setting up the right trust structure can significantly improve a person’s financial and legal position in regard to their property holdings, however the process can appear complex and overwhelming if one is unfamiliar with the area.
Cullen Macleod can help you set up the appropriate trust structure for your property situation and tailor a solution to your specific needs. We also provide legal advice on the on-going management of property trusts.
Contracts for Sale of Land
Contracts for the sale are often more complex and have more hidden issues than many people realise.
Obtaining the correct legal advice before entering a contract can help avoid greater costs and problems later on.
If you have already entered a contract, our solicitors can provide you with quality advice for your particular situation.
Cullen Macleod solicitors have extensive hands-on experience in this field and can help buyers and sellers with a range of matters including:
- drafting an appropriate offer and acceptance contract for the sale of land;
- contract negotiation and advice; and
- contract dispute resolution
We offer fixed rate fees for many of our property services. For instance, our usual fees for common services are:
- preparation of a commercial or industrial lease – $1,000.00 plus GST
preparation of a retail lease (including the application to the State Administrative Tribunal) – $1,200.00 plus GST;
- review of a lease on behalf of a tenant $1,300.00 plus GST;
review of a lease as part of due diligence enquiries for a purchaser of commercial property $600.00 plus GST per lease;
- preparation of offer and acceptance – $500 plus GST for non-strata property and $700 plus GST for strata property;
- for settlements, please refer to our Conveyancing & Settlements page.
These rates are based on using our standard documents and may vary depending on the type and amount of special conditions or negotiation involved.
For the above common services, we do not charge extra for photocopying, printing or the cost of telephone calls but you reimburse us for items we pay on your behalf such as title and company searches and registration fees.
For all matters, whether they are for common services or more complex matters, we are upfront regarding our fees and provide you with costs information as soon as detailed instructions are received.
Our clients include shopping centre owners, commercial and industrial building owners, buyers and sellers of retail, commercial, industrial and residential property, property developers, including vacant land and apartment developers, lenders and individuals buying and selling residential property.
Our recent experience includes:
- Preparing offers and acceptances for the sale of off the plan apartments in the northern suburbs of Perth and acting for the developer of that project;
- Preparing easements, restrictive covenants and sale contracts for a Singaporean developer of various vacant land subdivisions in Perth’s suburbs;
- Acting for a landlord in negotiations with a major retailer for approximately 4000 square metres within a shopping centre expansion;
- Acting for a Buyer of commercial and retail premises in South Perth including undertaking due diligence enquiries;
- Advising medical and dental practices in relation to their lease obligations; and
- Assisting a second-tier lender in preparing loan and mortgage documents.
Why use Cullen Macleod’s Property Team?
At Cullen Macleod our property lawyers:
- provide an affordable service with prompt turnaround times. For many of our common services, we will provide you with a draft document within 48 hours of receiving instructions;
- are experienced and can manage large and complicated transactions;
- are supported by our settlements team providing you with the comfort that we can handle all aspects of your transaction; and
- have personally bought and developed property.
Need more information?
If you would like any more information on our property services please contact Anton Conti. Anton’s direct line is 9389 3915 and his email address is email@example.com